– CLINICAL TRIALS INITIATED IN RESPECT OF TREATMENT DELIVERY TECHNIQUES
– MATERIALS SUPPLIED FOR FIELD STUDY IN THAILAND
– DEVELOPMENTS IN CAMBODIA CONTINUE
– EXPANSION OF BY-PRODUCT STUDIES INTO BIO-FUEL AND BIO-GAS-TO-POWER APPLICATIONS UNDERWAY
Asia Green Biotechnology Corp. (“AGB” or the “Company”) (CSE:ASIA) is pleased to provide an update on developments currently being undertaken by the Company:
- After entering an agreement with Pathway Rx Inc. (“Pathway Rx”) pursuant to which AGB is granted an exclusive license to clinically develop and commercialize the Cannabis sativa varieties to which Pathway Rx Inc. owns the rights for prevention and for treatment of COVID-19 and other infectious diseases, the Company is moving aggressively to intiate those contemplated clinical trials. As per the Company’s announcement of August 14, both companies wish to see those varieties, and possibly other versions of the strains, studied for their efficacy in humans and eventually approved and applied as new drugs and as over-the-counter health products, and strenuous efforts are being made in that regard to proceed with effective and efficient programs to achieve those objectives. In particular, AGB has entered discussions with Asian-based pharmaceutical companies for the purpose of contracting services related to these trials and management is confident that positive results will be achieved through these relationships.
- AGB’s technical partners are also active in evaluating and testing other cannabinoid elements and by-products for their efficacy in relation to other conditions and methods of delivery relative to those conditions. Through a private partnership, such tests are currently underway and will evaluate particular delivery systems in oral and related applications.
- Through its partnerships in SE Asia, AGB has commenced field and controlled studies of certain strains of hemp plants as part of the initial stages of its significant plans to develop and expand the understanding of potential hemp production in the region and to provide regulatory authorities in those countries with data on the efficacy of those strains. AGB is confident that hemp represents a material and important cash crop for the regions, and, with the multi-faceted potential of the various hemp strains being studied by the Company, there is great expectation for the acceptance of expansion of this agricultural product and the expansion of its application.
- Cambodia remains a central focus of the Company’s efforts to increase the agri-economic base of hemp in SE Asia, and AGB continues to work closely with officials in that country to establish programs and policies aimed at fostering that development.
- Through its science partners, AGB has become aware of several strains of hemp available to the Company which offer significant potential application in the bio-fuel and bio-gas-to-power industries. With environmental sustainability always a driving factor in the selection of hemp and related varieties for study, management has determined that commencing basic programs to analyse the effectiveness of varieties which offer potential as bio-fuel feedstock represents an important adjunct to the current programs being undertaken by the Company at present. As a consequence, efforts are being made to organize test programs of these strains, and management is in discussions with potential bio-fuel production partners to undertake testing of bio-mass content of any materials produced through this testing program. In particular, the potential use of these products in bio-gas-to-power applications may become an important area of focus.
- Always keeping an eye on the Company’s fundamental tenets relating to the Food-Fuel-Fibre and Foundation applications of the ubiquitous hemp plant, AGB is also exploring broader requirements of programs to facilitate the amplification of strains which demonstrate viability in the various licensed regions. In this vein, methodologies to expand seed and seedling base stocks will become critically important, and as viable strains are identified relative to the various applications, these programs will allow quick and efficient expansion of supply to the market.
AGB is an early stage international bio-technology company focused on the development, evaluation, testing, application and, ultimately, supply to the market of proprietary organic hybridization technology and certain products derived from that technology. The core approach of the business is centred on the planting, growth and harvesting of new and valuable strains of hemp and related crops in commercial quantities under the terms of license agreements with InPlanta Biotechnologies Inc., Swysh Inc. and Pathway Rx Inc.
We greatly appreciate your business and value you as an email subscriber/future investor. Please do not hesitate to reach out for more information on my personal line or at my email at Jo@AGBC.ca.
Johannes Kingma, Corporate Development & Director
Asia Green Biotechnologies Inc.